Nosebleed is common among children who are involved in frequent nose picking and people suffering from chronic rhinitis and allergies who tend to blow their nose often. Nosebleed is also reported in cold climatic regions and arid areas where breathing dry air can damage the mucous lining of the nose and make it susceptible to bleeding. Nosebleed can also occur because of injuries or infections. Other reasons include hypertension, clotting disorders, drug abuse, alcohol consumption, etc. Whenever you sustain a nosebleed, don't panic. Just sit in a relaxed position and pinch your nose for about 5-10 minutes and breathe through your mouth. Wait till the bleeding stops without speaking to anyone, sneezing or coughing. Avoid blowing your nose and apply ice pack on your nose and adjoining areas on your face. If the bleeding persists or if nose bleeding is recurrent, consult a doctor immediately.
Friday, October 30, 2009
Lips enhance the beauty of our face and healthy lips look smooth and gleeful. Everyone wishes to have nice lips that look like rosebuds to flash a graceful smile at our friends. Many of us suffer from chapped lips condition which is very annoying and has a negative impact in our life. There might be several reasons for cracked and dry lips. Lips might also be rendered dry by the sweltering heat from the sun. A simple cure to chapped lips is to apply lip balm or petroleum jelly on the affected areas. This will soothe the pain and provide relief from dryness by moisturizing the lip surface artificially. RMSunscreen.com is one place where you will find the best sunscreen products and lip balms. Personalized Lip Balm products are their speciality and they have an assortment of quality healthcare products. Lip balms are available in a slew of sublime flavors and styles. The unique lip mollifying formula includes aloe vera, vitamin E, etc and it is basically a herbal product. Lip balms prevent further damage to the lip tissues and accelerate the natural healing process. You can also customize your lip balms for special occasions like a wedding by embedding your photograph and other personalized messages on the lip balm packet.
Mushrooms are a type of fungi belonging to the plant kingdom and certain species of the fungi are edible. Some species are poisonous and we must stay away from them. Mushrooms emanate a unique flavor while cooking and encompass a bevy of health and medicinal benefits to mankind.
- Mushrooms are low calorie diet and the fleshy fungi might prove to be an effective substitute for minced meat. People who want to lose weight can consider mushroom diet to lower their blood cholesterol level.
- Mushrooms may cut down the risk of breast cancer and prostate cancer owing to the ample amount of phytochemicals present in them.
- Mushrooms are an excellent of source of potassium which combined with low sodium content has a significant impact on regulating blood pressure and promoting cardiovascular health.
- Mushrooms contain essential amino acids and a sundry of vital nutrients including a handful of vitamins and mineral salts.
- Mushrooms are an important source of selenium that has anti-carcinogenic attributes and supports the perfect functioning of the thyroid gland.
- Mushrooms can deliver a slew of antioxidants to our body like ergothioneine that has anti-aging properties.
- Mushrooms bolster the immune system of our body offering general protection from diseases like cold, flu and other viral infections.
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
London is the darling of Europe and everyone dreams of visiting the city at least once in their lifetime. London has a perfect blend of the ancient aura and the modern flamboyance. London is a melting pot of different cultures and communities in a country which once ruled the world. London has some of the most beautiful places on earth and it is home to several scrumptious restaurants, bars and pubs to feast upon. One place where you can locate almost everything in London is qype.co.uk. The website is your one stop place to explore the top Restaurants, Bars, Hotels, Events and all the latest happenings in London. The website is designed to track the best places to visit in London and enjoy the best of entertainment and lifestyle across the city. From high class Restaurants London and shopping outlets to impressive beauty salons, you can find the cream of London at Qype.
The website offers ratings and reviews for the top restaurants and pubs in London based on user feedback and expert scrutiny. The organization of information deserves a special mention because even people who are not so proficient with computer skills can easily locate places thanks to the highly user friendly interface and easy navigation menus. The comments posted by other users on the Pubs London is a good indication of the importance and the charisma of the place cited. You can also hunt for your favorite places by using the website search option or by navigating through the user friendly menus available on the sidebar.
Qype is the traveler's guide to the world and it is a comprehensive travel portal for the benefit of travelers. Qype is unique in the sense that you get to know even the minute details about an intricate destination. Visit Qype to explore the finest places on earth and quench your thirst for travel instantly.
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Aloe vera is a luscious green plant that is stuffed with scads of health benefits and beauty secrets for mankind. The popularity of this enigmatic medicinal herb is increasing day by day and Aloe vera juice is the latest health wonder that is grabbing the headlines across the health universe. Aloe vera can be easily grown at home with ease and it requires little water because it grows typically under arid conditions. Let us explore some of the health benefits and uses of this marvelous plant.
- Aloe vera is renowned for its antiseptic properties. People used to apply aloe vera gel over cuts and wounds and it is believed to accelerate the healing process.
- Aloe vera is a natural laxative. Consuming aloe latex mixed with water will relieve constipation and improves intestinal peristalsis.
- Aloe vera is an amino acids repository which are the principle component of proteins and form the basic building blocks of our body. Drinking aloe juice regularly will prop up fitness and build immunity.
- Aloe vera juice is an excellent detox and it removes all the toxins in the blood which are responsible for poor health.
- Aloe vera gel has antifungal and antibacterial properties which are extremely useful in day to day life.
- Aloe vera plays a valuable role in diabetes prevention, heartburn prevention, cancer prevention and promoting dental health.
- Aloe vera gel is a natural sunscreen and it prevents the skin from radiation damage and sun burns. Make sure that you test applying the gel at a small area of your skin because it may not be suitable for certain type of skins.
- Applying aloe vera gel cosmetic cream regularly on the skin has a beneficial effect on aging skin and helps get rid of wrinkles.
- Aloe gel can also cure acne and pimples on the skin which will otherwise give you sleepless nights.
Friday, October 23, 2009
Life is fabulous in this world when you have the best of television and entertainment. But there is nothing much more annoying than missing your favorite show on Tv because of unavoidable reasons. One of my friends got a new job and she has to work in shifts which meant that she cannot watch her favorite television shows in the evening. She was so upset because some of the shows were close to her heart and she cannot afford to miss them. Then we came to know about this Charter Digital Cable Tv from a friend that lets you watch missed television shows on demand any time for free. She was completely excited and we decided to learn more at charter.net/ondemand. It's not just about television shows, you get to watch your beloved movies on demand instantly without paying any extra cost. The fact that you get to watch HD shows more often is an icing on the already delicious cake. She wasted no time and registered for Charter Digital TV online. The online process was so easy and she had the digital tv setup instantly. Now she watches her favorite shows after returning from work at Channel 1 on demand thanks to Charter Digital. You can get updates and fun extras on Charter’s Facebook page.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Olive oil extracted from evergreen olive fruits is a multipurpose oil that encompasses several eminent qualities that benefit mankind. Olive oil is flavorful, tasty and healthy as well. Extra virgin olive oil is the highest quality olive oil that is obtained from the first pressing of olives and it is least acidic.
Culinary uses & Health benefits
- Olive oil with its peculiar flavor is perfect for salad dressing, shallow frying and preparing light snacks. It is better not to use extra virgin olive oil for deep frying and very high temperature cooking.
- Food items fried with olive oil are crispier and flavored than other oils.
- Olive oil contains large amount of monounsaturated fatty acids that promote cardiovascular health by getting rid of bad cholesterol from our body.
- Olive oil is rich in antioxidant polyphenols and it helps protect us from heart diseases and colon cancer.
- Olive oil contains vitamins A, E and K making it highly nutritious and prevents from diseases like hypertension, Alzheimers, rheumatoid arthritis and gall stones.
- A mixture of live oil and lemon juice is a health drink that flushes out toxins from liver.
- Olive oil is also known for its cosmetic uses. Olive oil fortifies brittle hair when applied on the scalp. People having fragile finger nails can soak them in olive oil.
- Olive oil is a natural moisturizer for skin and it can be used to treat dry cracked lips.