Life is an eventful journey and we would have met an infinite number of people along the way. But there are only a few people that stay in our memory whom we would like to meet again. In olden days it was almost impossible to keep track of our lost friends. Today the advent of the internet has given us an opportunity to find our old mates. If googling out your friend's name doesn't help, you can definitely find him at MyLife. MyLife.com is the brand new people search engine where you can find your school mates and lost friends instantly. I had a close friend in my school life for whom I have been hunting for over the past few years. But the moment I landed at Mylife.com and searched for his name, we were reunited. Now that I have found my favorite friend, I tried to search for my lost love. During my school days I had a small crush on a girl but I never spoke to her during school life. She joined a different college and disappeared from my life. Last week I found her at MyLife and it was the happiest moment in my life. At last I broke the silence and pinged her MyLife profile. She retorted and acknowledged my friendship. Now we share a special bond filled with golden memories thanks to MyLife.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Escherichia coli is a common bacterium that thrives in the intestine of humans and animals. A notorious strain of E.coli called O157:H7 is responsible for bloody stools and diarrhoea. There are several ways by which you can catch this infection. The bacterium spreads through food and water easily. Consuming contaminated meat and milk, drinking water from a tainted source, physical contact with infected individuals, etc are responsible for E.coli infection. Bloody diarrhea accompanied by stomach ache, nausea and cramps are the usual symptoms. The symptoms usually persist for 2-5 days and then diminish without the need for any medications. Loss of blood from body can lead to dehydration and so drinking water often is the only way to endure the condition. Bloody or tarry stools might also be due to injuries or disorders in the GI tract which is more serious then E.coli infection.
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Vitiligo is a condition in which distributed white patches appear on the skin due to the destruction of melanocytes which are responsible for pigmentation and skin color. The late Michael Jackson is a famous personality who suffered from this disease. The causes for the disorder are unknown yet most of the cases are attributed to genetic factors and autoimmune conditions. The depigmentation of skin may be localized or spread over the body.
- Vitiligo is treated using phototherapy with the help of ultraviolet rays to induce repigmentation. Corticosteroids are also used to treat depigmentation that has moderate success rate.
- In Indian traditional medicine system called Unani, melon extract is suggested as a cure for vitiligo. A cream made from peel of the melon skin, bay rum and lemon when applied over the affected areas ensures regeneration of melanocytes.
- Black pepper contains piperine that stimulates the production of melanocytes and it can be used to control depigmentation.
- Herbs like Lemna minor, Psoralea corylifolia and Ammi visnaga are useful herbs that can be used individually to reduce depigmentation.
- Turmeric, basil leaves and ginger juice are also known to act against vitiligo.
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Stroke is a cerebro vascular disease when a blocked blood vessel to the brain can deprive blood supply to an area of the brain. This shall lead to the instant damage or death of brain cells. Treating a stroke is a race against time to restore blood flow to the affected area so that the brain cells neighboring those that are dead can recover.
Types of Stroke
Ischemic Stroke is a common stroke condition of reduced blood flow to the brain which may be due to cerebral thrombosis, embolism or systemic hypoperfusion.
Hemorrhagic stroke occurs when a brain blood vessel ruptures resulting in accumulation of blood within the skull.
Transient ischaemic attack (TIA) or mini-stroke is short term temporary loss of brain function due to a fleeting blood vessel disruption.
Causes of Stroke
Ailing arteries that tend to get narrowed due to the deposition of cholesterol and other debris on the artery walls builds up pressure within resulting in blocked blood supply or rupture of artery and blood clots.
Sometimes a weakened spot on the artery wall progressively stretches and breaks leading to hemorrhagic stroke.
A blood clot due to irregular heart beat can ultimately make its way to the brain.
Hypertension, diabetes, cardiac abnormalities, obesity, diseased arteries, elevated blood lipids, unhealthy diet, etc.
Treatment & Prevention
Stroke is usually treated with anti-platelet, anti-coagulant and clot-dissolving drugs. Surgery and rehabilitation will reduce the risk of stroke.
Prompt eating habits with low salt and low fat diet is the primary preventive measure to fend off stroke and several lifestyle diseases.
Curbing your smoking habit and controlling hypertension and diabetes with proper medication will keep stroke at bay.
Regular physical activity and exercises enhances cardiac health, reduces blood cholesterol levels and lets you control your weight.
Stress can spoil the internal harmony and so we must learn to let go our needless worries.
Limiting alcohol consumption and avoiding illicit drugs will help to prevent stroke in the long run.
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Including flax in your diet will boost your fitness significantly. These tiny seeds are low carb highly nutritional ingredients stuffed with profuse health benefits. Flax seeds are popular for their rich Omega-3 Fatty Acids content which can be exploited by vegetarians. You can toss them into yogurt, apples, soups, and stews or sprinkle them on top of ice creams and cakes.
- Flaxseeds are a plant source of Omega-3 Fatty Acids which are usually found in fishes. Omega-3 Fatty Acids are known to fight against diseases like cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Flax seeds are high in fiber content and low in carbohydrates which makes them ideal for people planning for a weight loss or maintaining the perfect shape.
- Consuming flax systematically can lower the blood cholesterol level which is valuable for people suffering from hypertension.
- Flaxseeds are natural laxatives and they help relieve constipation by easing bowel movements.
- Flax seeds endorse immunity and help in resisting diseases like cold and respiratory infections. Flaxseeds are also rich in phytochemicals and useful antioxidants.
- Flax has anti-inflammatory properties and it promotes bone health and better joints.
- Flax includes unique fats that are vital for brain development and health. Flax is beneficial to those suffering from depression blues.
- Flax seeds are also highly effective in treating menopausal symptoms and dry eye syndrome.
Saturday, September 5, 2009
The Tamil Nadu Tourism Development Corporation (TTDC) is planning to introduce sailing at Muttukadu. The pristine backwaters of muttukadu are a major tourist attraction with more than four thousand visitors thronging the place every weekend. Muttukadu is less than an hour's drive from the heart of chennai along the East Coast Road (ECR). A visit to muttukadu is irresistible on a Chennai tour and a boat ride on the resplendent waters is an excellent experience. Other noted destinations near muttukadu are MGM Dizzee World, Kovalam beach, and Crocodile bank to complete a fun filled day. High-speed water scooters and kayaks are available here. Parasailing and waterskiing will be introduced soon that will give a huge boost to adventure sports in the city.
Life is an incredible journey filled with fun and sorrow. There are some crucial "life points" where you need to take important decisions in life. For example when you are getting married or when you are buying a house or while having a baby you must consider term life insurance to provide your family with a secure future. A tree stands firm because its roots are deep in the soil holding it from underneath. Similarly in order to succeed in life and stay happy you need a strong foundation in the form of life insurance. Life insurance is an easy way to a happy family life. People often underestimate the value of life insurance. Being heedless to life insurance is a symbol of being apathetic towards your family members. It is the duty of every individual to insure his life for the sake of his family. ReliaQuote is the best way to go about life insurance. It's quick, easy and free. Just request an instant quote by filling up an online form with bare minimum details and choose the best policy that matches your requirements. ReliaQuote connects you with the top professional insurance agents and offers the best services throughout your insurance period. ReliaQuote is dedicated towards making the process simpler and making their customers happy.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Snoring is a nuisance health condition that not only affects us but also annoys others who sleep along with us. People snore because of blockage in the air flow en route the nose or mouth to the lungs. The snoring sound is produced due to the vibration of tissues along the airway. Snoring is more common in men than in women.
- Enlarged tissues in the nose, throat or mouth can narrow the airway and are more prone to vibrate which can cause snoring.
- Respiratory infections like cold, allergy and nasal polyps can block the nasal passage and induce snoring.
- People having a deviated nasal septum are more susceptible to snoring.
- Snoring can be hereditary when you inherit the airway anatomy from your ancestors.
- Alcohol consumption and obesity are closely associated with snoring.
- Intake of certain drugs can worsen snoring.
Prevention & Relief
- Sleeping on your back can aggravate snoring. Try to sleep on your side.
- Abstain from smoking and drinking habits.
- Do not stagger your sleeping pattern. Go to bed at the same time each night.
- Sleeping with an elevated head in an inclined fashion without the aid of pillows reduces snoring.
- Being overweight is an underlying cause of snoring. Eating wisely and exercising regularly can contribute to weight loss and snoring relief.
- Clearing nasal blockage with help of decongestants will improve breathing and prevent snoring.
- Surgical treatment and CPAP can also be used to cure snoring.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
A decade ago the word 'surgery' was a taboo and people were afraid of getting operated by a surgeon. In came technology and transformed the entire ordeal with surgical treatment. Today surgery is not something to be afraid off and the outlook of the people has changed. A plastic surgeon is the most sought after person in the world today because people want to look good defying the odds. Cosmetic surgeries are common these days and they are getting popular rapidly across the world. Plastic surgery is a piece of cake today and its time to change your appearance.
The beverly hills plastic surgery center at Rodeo Drive is the leading plastic surgery hub in America and people from all over the world visit here to get their surgery done. The trust and reputation gained by Rodeo Drive plastic surgery center is achieved over a period of time through dedicated medical care and patient satisfaction pursuits. The emphasis is on care and affection towards patients and exclusive treatment methodologies tailored to cater the needs of the patients. The place is ideally located at the heart of Rodeo Drive and it has managed to congregate the goodness of surgical treatment and patient care. The california tummy tuck procedure known as abdominoplasty can provide a brand new look to your body. All the procedures and treatment routines adopted here are refined from time to time based on patient feedback and satisfaction. Every effort is taken to make sure that the patient's stay at the center is a pleasant experience.
People in all age groups can undergo plastic surgery to restructure their body or enhance the beauty of their facade. Unlike other plastic surgery centers from other parts of the world, the treatment process followed at Rodeo drive is unique and state-of-the-art. Because of their relentless efforts to promote the welfare of patients the media has also welcomed the deeds of Rodeo Drive plastic surgery center.
Posted by The Rock at 8:34 AM